Our clients are currently seeking an Architectural Technologist/ Technician to join their growing team, working from their satellite office in Buckinghamshire combined with hybrid/ working from home and client site visits as and when required.
This position would be perfect for a candidate who has previously worked in an architectural focused role on commercial refurbishment/ fit-out projects, or other commercial construction projects. Any knowledge of student accommodation type facilities would be beneficial but not essential.
This company have been going from strength to strength, a business that promotes an employee focused culture with a strong track record of delivering excellent project results. This position comes as part of their natural growth and will work closely with the project director to ensure delivery of projects always have a strong quality focus.
Your responsibilities within the role will include:
- Preparation of construction details and technical drawings to support site teams.
- Conduct site visits and surveys to gather measurements and information for the clients.
- Act as the main point of contact between project managers and external design consultants.
- Capable of reviewing sub-contractor packages and providing technical advice on any variations that may be required.
- Attend site progress meetings, producing detailed reports for both the office team and external consultants.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, building regulations and technical advancements that may be worth considering to improve architectural processes and procedures.
The successful candidate should be located within a commutable distance of Milton Keynes and candidates must also have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
Successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2years experience in an architectural role within the construction industry, ideally delivering refurbishment focused projects such as student accommodation, retail, healthcare or similar.
- A degree in Architectural Technology, Architecture, or a related field.
- Proficiency in CAD software (AutoCAD, Revit, or similar)
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate technical drawings.
- A strong level of site experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of UK building regulations and planning processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- A proactive attitude and a willingness to learn and develop.
Expected salary of £35-45k basic salary (Flexible and dependant on experience). Excellent growth opportunities available and internal progression as the company continues to grow. Opportunity for hybrid working dependant on project requirements.
This company are focused on continuous growth and therefore want candidates who are looking to build long-term successful careers. Apply today for further information!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
HND/HNC or equivalent