Senior Embedded Software Engineer
A Buckinghamshire-based Engineering firm who pioneer the Defence and Avionics industry are on the hunt for their next Senior Software Engineer.
With over 75 years in industry of innovative design ad complex systems the business are looking to further expand their growing R+D team!
If you are an experienced Engineer (5+ Years) who either has exposure to a Senior position or is looking for their next step up in the their career then we definitely want to hear from you!
The purpose of the role is the design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level microprocessor code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
The right candidate will be capable of designing and delivering robust code. Demonstration of competence in using C is essential as is embedded programming experience of both low level and high level code.
Background experience of a Senior Software Engineer:
- Proven record of designing and developing embedded software projects to deliver successful outcomes on time and within budget
- Wide range of experience with and knowledge of mission critical systems
- Demonstrable experience working directly with customers
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycles, processes and methodologies, including software configuration management
Skills and Requirements of a Senior Software Engineer:
- Proficient in C/C++ (demonstrated by experience)
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience using real-time embedded operating systems
- Experience in software design and software life-cycle management
- Familiarity with the product lifecycle from system requirements, architecture, design, integration, qualification, verification, through to production and support
In addition to working with one of the most established business in their field, the company also provides an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to:
- 25 Days + Bank Holidays, with the ability to purchase more
- 8% Employer contribution
- Annual Bonus
- Private Medical Scheme
- Hybrid working
If this Senior Software Role sounds of interest then please get in touch with Bella from Orion or click APPLY NOW!!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities