Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a History Teacher for a Secondary School in Welwyn Garden City. The role is full time and starting from September 2023 and includes planning and marking. The role will involve teaching both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 across the Humanities and History curriculum. The role is initially supply for one academic term but there is the potential for this to be extended.
This secondary school, which is part of a multi-academy trust, aims to ensure that all students reach their full potential. The school's vision is centred on respect and responsibility; principles which allow every student to succeed. The school are looking for someone who can make a real impact in the school and help both the school and student's to progress.
- Good subject knowledge of Hisotry and familiarity of the associated KS3 and KS4 curriculum
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain an organised and professional classroom with all of the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in Secondary School
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching History at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Humanities related degree is desirable.
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education