Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for Secondary School Supply Teachers in Welwyn Garden City, and the surrounding areas, to start immediately, for general cover supply teaching work.
We work with schools across Hertfordshire, and we are especially busy in Welwyn Garden City and the surrounding areas such as Hatfield. Supply teaching work is flexible and is a great way to build your confidence as a teacher and experience new schools or have a better work life balance. Going into schools on supply frequently leads to longer term or permanent positions if you are looking for it in the future.
- To lead a class as a supply teacher and keep students on task
- Able to deliver lesson's which are pre-planned by the timetabled teacher
- Upkeep a tidy, organised classroom with accessible resources where needed
- Work effectively with other members of staff
- Comply with and implement the schools’ policies effectively
- Hold QTS/QTLS or an equivalent qualification to teach at Secondary School
- Recent mainstream school-based experience teaching in a Secondary School
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- Experience working with SEND is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, On a daily basis
Additional Salary Info
paid to scale for long term roles
- Industry Sector Education