2-3 year contract - inside IR35
£55-65 per hour umbrella
Orion are proud to partner with our global engineering client, whose product offering makes them the 'go-to' for the industries they serve. Our client arguably holds #1 spot as supplier of choice not just in the UK but in the other 40 countries they supply - a true accolade! They are looking for a Stress Engineer who can act as a Structural SME (i.e. Subject Matter Expert) to lead analysis/verification work on an airborne system in support of platform certification. You will join their Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (TEA) team engaged with Integration activities, Verification, Qualification and Certification of the electronic system. The individual will act as a Structural SME but the equally important part of the role is also to support/lead other verification/qualification/ certification activities. This is an exciting and unique position with many interesting program and design challenges and the individual will get an opportunity to be involved in the full V-model life cycle.
As a Stress Engineer your duties will include:
- You will be the focal point for all structural analysis queries and drive and lead individual structural analysis work packages using Altair Hyperworks OptiStruct and/or Solidworks. This will involve conducting analysis as well as reviewing the work done by others e.g. suppliers and seek approval from internal CVE.
- Produce high standard documents/reports to be used as evidence for certification compliance.
- Define test methodology and lead testing e.g. Vibration and shock. Liaise with external organisations such as test facilities
- Manage test results and produce test reports.
- Willingness to be involved in the other test/verification activities of complex electronic components/systems such as environmental test.
- Manage and resolve test failure (if any) and progress it to required outcomes
- Ensure ITEA governance structure is understood, maintained and followed for the work packages/Documents.
- Support Requirements team as and when needed.
- Compile Verification Compliance Matrix, DDPs.
- Participate in any other verification/qualification activities
- Support meetings with customers/suppliers including preparation of documentation and presentations.
The successful Stress Engineer will have the below Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree in relevant discipline (Mechanical or Electronics)
- Experience in Structural Analysis (FEM and Analytical Hand Calcs) in aerospace structures: Minimum 5+ years
- Ability to use Altair Hyperworks and Solidworks
- Mostly metallic analysis will be required (experience of composites will be added advantage).
- Experience in validation techniques for structural substantiation
- Strong aptitude for aerospace product safety and ability to identify design issues in the context of structural substantiation.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering V model especially the right hand side of V curve.
- Able to co-ordinate/articulate methodology with internal/external stakeholders, customers at all levels of seniority.
- Experience of qualification testing of complex electronic systems.
- Willing to be adaptable to support verification activities as per the project needs
- Experience/Awareness of aerospace specifications such as ARP4754, RTCA DO-160G and MIL-STD-810 is desirable.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click 'apply' or contact Lucy at Orion Reading today, thank you.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities