Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for an experienced English Teacher for a role in a Secondary School in St Albans with an immediate start. The role will involve teaching from Year 7 - Year 11. While the role is initially long term supply, at the school's discretion, they are looking to make the position permanent.
This Ofsted rated ‘Good’ Secondary Academy has a clear vision for their students with the belief that everyone deserves an education that gives them every opportunity to reach their full potential. The School maintains high standards while ensuring that the learning environment is caring and supportive.
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 English Language and English Literature curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the classroom and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback to help them to progress
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching English at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant English related degree is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education