Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Science Teacher in Stevange for a maternity cover supply position. The role starts in Ocotber, after the half term, and continues until the end of the academic year. The school are prepared to support an ECT during this position to complete some of their induction.
As part of a multi-academy trust, this school has been able to forge links with universities and employers to help equip their students with the skills and knowledge follow their desired career. The school also offers a rich and diverse curriculum which is delivered in a safe and inclusive learning environment.
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Science curriculum; including Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Maintain a well organised classroom and ensure the safe use and storage of all equipment
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Science at secondary school level
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Science related degree is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £150 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education