- Student Support Assistant with Medication experience (Cough assist, PEG Feeding, administering medication and suctioning)
- Specialist SEND provision in a college
- Long term contract
- Hours: 9am - 4pm
A specialist SEND provision within a college in Isleworth are looking for Student support assistants to work with 16 - 18 years old with SEND and behavioual needs.
As a Student Support Assistant, you’ll be working within their Inclusion Centre. You’ll be providing support for individuals or groups of students across the college with additional support needs to enable them to learn as effectively possible on their own and in groups, considering the needs involved. This may include challenging behaviour.
This is a student-led role and you’ll be given more responsibility in managing the students timetable and following up on their absences, as well as keeping accurate records of student attendance. Experience of developing both an understanding barrier to learning faced by students and a range of strategies to overcome them will be beneficial in this role.
- You will be required to identify opportunities for the student (s) to work independently where appropriate. The role will involve support to other students in the classroom.
- To assist with the general pastoral care of the student(s).
- Provide support for students’ emotional and social needs by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour in line with the College’s Behaviour Policy
- Provide one to one support, where required
- You’ll be required to assist in planning of activities
- Assist with the supervision of students out of lesson times.
The college are looking for someone with the following:
- Mentoring experience
- Pastoral care experience
- Additional SEND experience - Autism, Dyslexia and Moderate learning Difficulties
- Possess or willing to work towards a Literacy and Numeracy qualification at Level 2 or above
- Have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
To be eligible for the role you must hold a current DBS certificate that is registered with the Update Service or be willing to complete one and be able to provide two professional references that cover the last two years of employment.
This successful, vibrant college of further and higher education is located near St Margaret Station and with direct bus routes. The college supports school leavers and adults to looking to update skills. Alongside their main college, they have a Special Needs Provision for students aged 16 - 18-year-olds with SEND and/or challenging behaviour. They have 2 state of art facilities across 2 campuses, their main campus based in Isleworth and skills and logistics centre in Feltham
The campus features the following up to date equipment and departments to help prepare their students for the workplace:
- Music and recording TV Studios
- Mac Computer Suites
- Learning and Resource Centre
- Specialist staff centre - Education Psychologist department. Speech and Language Therapists and Communication Support Workers department
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV.
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. All successful applicants will be required to complete Philosophy Education's registration and clearance procedures before placement in to schools
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education