We are working with a market-leading Manufacturing company who have an exciting opportunity for a TIG Welder to join their highly motivated and driven team. You will be responsible for producing quality finished components to drawings and routing requirements that meet high standards. If you're an experienced Production Welder and have a strong dedicated attitude to improve and assist others in achieving goals, this position is for you.
The opportunity is with a long-standing client who offers and comes with great benefits:
- Great training & development opportunities supporting those who want to take their career to the next level.
- A lovely 4-day week 3:45pm - 1:30am providing you with that great work-life balance.
- Competitive Salaries offering between £30,000 - £34,000 DOE with shift premium
As a TIG Welder, you will be:-
- Working to drawing & route car requirements.
- Working to jig, drawing & route card requirements.
- Forward-thinking & introduce new techniques and improving current methods of working.
- Knowledgeable with all relevant AWPS and operating procedures as well as working within agreed standards.
- Obtaining & maintaining operator verification approval stamps.
The required skillset for the TIG Welder are:-
- Previous experience in TIG Welder or a relevant apprenticeship or equivalent combination of relevant education and work
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings & follow verbal/written instructions
- Ability to read measuring equipment
- Ability to read weld data cards and work to the specification
- Ability to operate a welding chamber ( Glove Box)
- Ability to operate a turntable controlled with a foot pedal
- Ability to operate a lathe
- Driven by achieving goals & helping others achieve theirs
- Happy to work in a team
- Great communicator, good level of PC skills & organisation
If the job role of the TIG Welder sounds like it suits you, please click apply now!
If you would like to hear more information about the TIG Welder, please contact Olympia at Orion in Reading.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing