Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Science Teacher to work in a Specialist Provsion School near to Hertford. The role is part time on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; it is initially a temporary role but the school are looking to make the role permanent for a motivated teacher who can support every student and fit well into the school.
The school is a specialist SEMH school catering for secondary age students who provide a safe learning environment where the students can develop as healthy and happy individuals. The school are looking for someone who can not only support the students but who can also have a positive effect on the school as well.
- Good knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Science curriculum; including Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons, and able to adapt the lessons and teaching to each individual and their needs
- Maintain a well organised classroom and ensure the safe use and storage of all equipment
- Work effectively with other members of staff, throughout the school to offer the best education to every student
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Science at secondary school level
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Science related degree is desirable
- SEND/SEMH experience is essential
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Part Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Education