Senior Employment Lawyer needed in Haringey £30.42ph PAYE - Reference: RQ1059932
1. Manage a full and varied caseload of legal matters as required, including giving legal advice to colleagues and its Partners on the law and practice to enable the Client to discharge its functions legally and effectively.
2. To deliver complex specialist advice on legal matters as required with minimum supervision.
3. To evaluate and advise on all aspects of legal matters in a variety of forums.
4. To represent the Client in the conduct of cases in the Employment Tribunal and instruct Counsel as required.
5. To provide advice and support to the Client's Partners and stakeholders.
6. To advise Elected Members where appropriate and attending the Executive, Committees and Sub-Committees and providing legal comments on reports as required.
7. To contribute to the development of the Legal Service through identifying opportunities for improvement and supporting, motivating and coaching colleagues within the Legal Service.
8. To build and maintain credible professional relationships with Client colleagues and external Partners and stakeholders.
9. To contribute to the Legal Service Business Planning process.
10. To make use of the updating materials provided by the Service e.g. electronic products, journals etc. to ensure that they are conversant with the most current law in their area of work to enable them to give effective and efficient legal advice.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Legal