Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant for a role in a Secondary School in Hemel Hempstead. The role has an immediate start and is full time, initially until the end of the academic term but with the potential for this to be extended further. It will involve supporting students between different classes and year groups across both year groups and curriculum.
This Secondary Academy, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, is a strong advocate for every student receiving an education that allows them to reach their full potential. The school visions include not only a student’s academic success but also the respect and support shown to every individual.
- Able to support the students in the class under the direction of the class teacher
- Assist in maintaining an organised classroom with accessible resources where needed
- Work effectively with other members of staff in the classroom and throughout the school
- Ability to support students, on a whole class, small group and one to one basis, and encourage their progression
- Willingness to comply with the schools’ policies and implement effectively
- Recent experience working in a Secondary School or with school aged children
- A relevant Level 2 or 3 qualification is desirable
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education