Step Teachers are a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts; as a part of our ongoing success in building and retaining relationships with many schools and academy trusts in the area we are currently looking for a Secondary School Maths Teacher near to Potters Bar for a Part Time Teaching role. The role is 2 days per week, Wednesday and Thursday, and is initially until the end of term but may be extended further.
Thie role is at a specialist provision school where students can continue to study during whilst they are undergoing treatment for social, emotional or mental health conditions. The school beliefs are centred in providing the best quality of education to every student in a supportive environment where they can flourish.
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Maths curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff and provide a supportive environment for students to learn in
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Able to plan and deliver engaging lessons, tailored to the indviduals in the class
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
- Hold QTS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in secondary school
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Maths at secondary school level.
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Maths related degree is desirable.
- SEND/SEMH experience
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Part Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Education