HMRC is committed to becoming a ‘data driven organisation’ and undergoing the biggest digital transformation in government with some of the biggest and most exciting digital projects in Europe. Internal Audit is integral to HMRC's operation, recently winning the Institute of Internal Auditors award for added value to an organisation. It works with every area of the Department providing assurance on governance, risk management and controls. As well as undertaking risk-based and compliance type audit work, we are actively brought in early to help the business design controls into new products and processes.
- Leading all aspects of an audit assignment, ensuring professional and quality standards are met.
- Carrying out the complex and specialised areas of an audit review.
- Engage with audit partners.
- Being a 'critical friend' within key HMRC and cross-Government programmes to implement Government and HMRC strategy.
- Provide advice on risk, governance and control to the achievement of strategic objectives
- Communicate with senior management using appropriate styles, methods and timing, to maximise understanding and impact.
- Providing advice on risk, governance, and control.
- Contributing to the development of the internal audit plan and processes.
- Acting as a mentor or line manager to trainee auditors as the need arises.
- A qualified Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or a qualified Accountant (CCAB/CIMA) with a completed logbook, who has relevant post qualification experience. For CIA candidates you must be studying for CMIIA or willing to work towards the CMIIA qualification.
- Experience of delivering internal audit reviews in a medium to large sized organisation.
- A strong team player, independent analytical problem solver who provides solutions and works out what needs to be done and take pride in doing it to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation and to build and maintain respect both professionally and personally.
- A qualified Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA).
- Adaptable to shifts in business focus and customer needs.
- Able to demonstrate resilience and tact in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy