Ashberry Recruitment are looking to source a Communications Officer for our well-respected client in Blackpool.
Our Client offers a holistic and flexible school experience that has been designed to respond to the needs of young people who are unable to remain in mainstream education.
Primary Objective of the role of Communications Officer:
- To communicate effectively with pupils, parents, schools, agencies and to promote the school ethos in a positive light
- The role involves answering the phone system for Blackpool Campus, dealing with all calls effectively and proactively which will often involve seeking information from teachers, SLT and other members of staff.
- Taking and managing messages and developing an effective and trackable message recording system, which will then enable you to ensure all messages within the campus have been dealt with effectively on the same day.
- You will develop the campus database and put together regular and targeted mail shots to your pupils and parents, working closely with the marketing person.
- Organising and preparing the schools awards evenings will also be a key part of this role, as well as daily use of the school’s social media to promote the school through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- You will also manage emails and organise referral visits as required for parents / schools along with being responsible for Parent Induction Days.
- The school calendar, holiday dates list and staff birthdays will be a part of this role, so too will be attending events
- Travel between the 5 campuses will be required at times.
- Supporting the Blackpool teaching team with admin as required, attending team meetings, take minutes and prepare for Board meetings.
- Contacting parents and liaising with the team.
You will be expected to be the central knowledge hub for all that is taking place on campus, ensuring that the campus admissions register, campus on-line recording system, central team boards and analysis and tracking are kept up to date daily.
At times, pupils will gravitate towards your office as and when they feel they require time out, so dealing with challenging pupils and demonstrating empathy is a must for this role. The office is based close to the front of the campus which means Safeguarding the whole school is of paramount importance and you will be expected to undergo extensive training both face to face and online for this post. This is a post for someone who can use their own initiative, takes great pride from ensuring that the school is running smoothly and is adhering to all Department for Education legislation and Independent School Inspectorate requirements. A strong work ethic, energy, resilience, self-motivation and someone who can communicate effectively with a team when in difficult situations is a must. Benefit package available.
Qualifications, Experience, Competencies
- Minimum of 5 GCSE`s including Maths & English
- ICT Qualification / Literate in Microsoft / Google
- Excellent people skills
- 3 to 5 years proven administrative
- Ideally experience within an education setting
- Demonstrated experience with MS Word, MS Excel essential and school packages (Behaviour Watch)
- Ability to create and update spreadsheets, type professional letters
- Social media literate
- Customer Service Experience
- Effective communication skills at all levels within the organisation
- Supportive work ethic as a member of the support team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for supporting the organisation strategic plan & ethos to become an OUTSTANDING Specialist Education Provider
- Ability to prioritise tasks in accordance to the business needs and work independently
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work
- Possess a personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organisation