Kitchen Designer (CAD) - Thorne, Doncaster x 2
We require two additional Contract Kitchen Designers to join our design team.
The Role is responsible for producing designs and quotes for developers from the clients' own brief and architects' drawings and includes:
- Produce accurate designs and estimates for kitchen layouts using Articad CAD and SAP systems.
- Scaling from Architects drawings supplied by the developer.
- Create quotations in SAP manually with the ability to calculate additional items accurately (worktop sizes).
- Usage of SAP systems to generate quotes.
- Liaise with external companies to source prices.
- Working to developer briefs and specified deadlines/service level agreements.
- Create tender documents in presentation format to be issued back to developers.
- Establishing and designing to an accurate installation budget with contract guidelines.
- Able to check designs accurately including other people's work.
- Adhere to internal working systems and procedures.
The Person will have:
- Understanding of planning/design is essential. Formal training/qualification in design is preferable.
- Practical design experience gained within the kitchen industry is essential.
- Must possess creativity/design flair - able to design a functional, attractive kitchen from scratch and knowledge of kitchen componant parts is advantageous.
- Ability to work/transfer from scaled drawings is essential.
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc).
- Ability to use a CAD system is essential, either through certification or experience, and a working knowledge of Articad is advantageous.
- Experience of SAP is ideal.
- Must have ability to work accurately, on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand and interpret instructions is essential.
- Must be able to work effectively and play a full part in a small team.
Excellent starting salary
Company Performance Bonus Scheme
Permanent Health Insurance
Holidays - Starting at 23 days plus 8 bank holidays
There will be a 30 minute design test as part of the interview