Job Title: Senior IT Technical Support
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm (35 hours)
The reason for the role-is to help spread/share the responsibilities from the IT Manager.
Team has one other support candidate below.
They will be involved in 2nd/3rd line support and helping with projects. Completing and adding new ideas to them.
Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
8% non-contributory pension
Annual discretionary bonus scheme
AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
Death in Service at 5 x annual salary
35 hour working week
Training for IOC and other relevant qualifications
Exam completion bonus £500 (IOC)
Childcare voucher scheme
Cycle 2 work scheme
Eye test reimbursement
Additional 1.5 days discretionary Christmas leave
Christmas party and paid for social events during the year
13 weeks fully paid maternity leave
2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
Perkbox membership - access to more than a hundred rewards, ranging from free food in major UK restaurants, to movie tickets, to phone insurance and more.
The post holder will be the second point of contact for the IT helpdesk service. This will involve supporting the IT Support Officer with issues that are escalated to the second level and further escalating any 3rd level support issues to the IT manager or a 3rd party support provider. The post holder will also assist the IT manager with the delivery of key IT projects to tight timescales.
The role will include the development of reports to the IT Manager on helpdesk management information, system status, performance and security status of systems. The post holder will also manage the preventative maintenance plan programme and support the IT Manager with the development of system documentation.
• Act as the 2nd Line support for IT support queries and some 3rd Line where appropriate
• Maintain the Active Directory and Office 365 environments
• To provide day to day management of access to the IT systems and services
• Maintain the IT infrastructure network including firewalls and network switches
• Appropriately escalate complex problems to the IT Manager or third-party contractors and the IT Manager based on the MG escalation procedure
• To monitor and manage the IT helpdesk to ensure all 2nd line support issues are rectified quickly and efficiently
• Overseeing the IT Support Officer to ensure all 1st line support issues are completed within SLA’s.
• To ensure there is a preventative maintenance plan to minimise disruption of
IT systems and manage the delivery of the programme to agreed deadlines
• Assist in the delivery of the business continuity plan of the organisation
• Create new images of desktops and file servers
• Liaise with external technical support organisations where problems cannot be resolved in house
• Assist the IT Manager in the successful delivery of IT projects and take
ownership of assigned projects and ensure the successful delivery of them
within timescales and budget
• Assist the IT Manager in ensuring that agreed IT support targets are met and quality standards are achieved
• Contribute to the development of robust IT processes to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to both internal and external customers
• Support the IT Manager in the development of system documentations
• Develop reports for the IT Manager regarding system performance, security risk and helpdesk management information
• Any other duties as requested by the IT Manager, which are commensurate with the band of the job
• Excellent knowledge of supporting a MS Windows 2008/2012 File server environment
• Excellent knowledge of supporting a Windows 7 and 10 desktop operating system
• Experience of using an electronic helpdesk system
• Good level of networking and firewall configuration experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing.
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good working knowledge of supporting a VMware environment
• 5 years + 2nd Line Hardware and software IT Support experience
• Experience of planning, supporting antivirus / malware solutions
• Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2008, 2012 server, Windows 10 desktop,
GPO, DNS, DHCP hands on experience
• Office 365 administration
• VMware administration and configuration
• Window Server and desktop system build and deployment
• Windows 2008,2012 Server and Windows 7, 10 desktop systems, build and
• A degree in IT or a related subject, or equivalent IT related qualifications
• MCP Qualification
• Microsoft technology qualifications such as MCSE
• Cisco networking
• VCP qualified
• ITIL Foundation Level qualification