Are you a dedicated and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant passionate about making a difference in the lives of students who need extra support? If so, we have a rewarding opportunity for you to join our partnership school in Norwich.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for providing tailored support to a student who requires additional assistance due to their special educational needs. The student has exhibited non-compliant behaviour and responds better to male role models, making your presence vital in their educational journey.
- Provide one-on-one support to the designated student, focusing on their individual needs.
- Develop and implement personalized strategies to encourage engagement and positive behaviour.
- Assist in creating and delivering a differentiated curriculum tailored to the student's abilities.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other professionals to ensure a cohesive and inclusive learning environment.
- Monitor and document the student's progress and behaviour to adapt your support accordingly.
- Promote a nurturing and safe learning atmosphere, fostering the student's personal and academic growth.
- Previous experience working with students with special educational needs is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build a supportive and caring relationship with the student.
- A patient and empathetic approach to handling challenging behaviours.
- The ability to adapt and be flexible in your support strategies.
- A genuine commitment to helping the student reach their full potential.
- A clear understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
Why Step Teachers?
- Our 3 core values. Honesty, hard work and professionalism.
- Over 20 years in supply education professionals across East Anglia, North London, Hertfordshire and Plymouth.
- Long-standing relationships with Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools.
- We pay through PAYE weekly!
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal. Recommend a friend and receive a share of £200 of Amazon vouchers AND a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000! – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education