Van included-working around the Thurrock area installing units, and preparing them for release. Focus on the spraying and maintenance on portals.
25 days’ holiday (plus next year there is the option to purchase an additional 5 days’ holiday)
Gym membership discount, and access to hundreds of shopping discounts and vouchers. Towards the end of the year we are sending out a survey to find out what benefits people would like to see in the package with the view to adding a number of the most popular benefits.
Enhanced Company Pension scheme after 6 months – For every 1% paid by the employee, the company will match x1.5% up to a max of 7.5%, so if an employee makes contributions of 5%, the company will pay 7.5% but if the employee pays 7%, the company will still pay 7.5%.
Upon joining the Company Pension
To assist in the preparation of a range of cabins prior to them going out on hire.
- General maintenance tasks to timber, plastic and steel portable accommodation units, portable toilets etc
- Cleaning of units and fittings internally and externally.
- Painting exterior of units with spray equipment, roller or brush.
- The fitting and removal of partitions & other fittings.
- Some electrical work, some plumbing, some joinery and flooring work.
- Loading of a range of furniture into the cabins and removing on completion of hire.
- Occasional visits to third party sites to double stack units and install staircase and landing. Removal of same on completion of hire.
- Some working at height.
- Occasional duties as fork lift operator (where relevant with training and suitable qualifications).
- Occasional visits to third party sites to undertake repairs of any nature to portable accommodation units.
- To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Job experience & skills requirements
- Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
- Good mix of general maintenance skills.
- Has an NVQ or equivalent qualification.
- CSCS Card holder if possible.
- Good general physical fitness.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Flexible attitude to working
Other considerations (special working conditions, travel requirements, unusual factors):
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willingness to work outside at times.
- Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.