Health Care Education Assistant
Are you a Health Care Assistant or do you have health care experience from working in a hospital or care setting and looking for a change of career?
Your skills, experience and passion are highly sought after!
Philosophy Education are working with various schools in the London borough of Greenwich that specialise in teaching and caring for students with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), severe autism (ASC) and complex medical needs. These schools not only offer a bespoke and creative curriculum for students to learn and develop new life skills; they also offer an environment for students to be physically and medically cared for.
This means these schools are looking for staff with medical and health care backgrounds so that their students can get the best care and support.
Should you choose to apply, we can guarantee that you will be working in an incredibly rewarding environment where your work, and effort will not go un-noticed.
- Washing & cleaning patients
- Serving and feeding patients
- Manual handing and hoisting
- Health checks and being able to monitor conditions
- Administering medication
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Caring and kind
- Cheerful and friendly
- Willing to do personal care tasks
- Able to follow tasks and instructions
- 8:30am to 3:30pm during school term.
- Working in small class sizes of 4-6 pupils
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary class team (Teachers, Nurses, Physiotherapists and Speech & Language Therapists)
- Work one to one as well as within a group
Benefits of the role
- £70 – 90 per day
- PAYE pay – no umbrella companies
- Free CPD
- Opportunity to progress or develop in a career
- Can be day to day or long term on a temporary to permanent basis
Philosophy Education is committed to Safeguarding and Quality and undertake checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education. You will be asked to provide the following:
- Legal Right to work in the UK
- Proof of Identity
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- References and employment history
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year