PROJECT MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
6 Month Contract
Umbrella rate £32ph
PAYE rate £26ph
Partnered with an ever-expanding aerospace manufacture who are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to embed themselves into new and existing projects along side manufacturing demand, developing new manufacturing processes, and improving on existing process'.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Plan, develop and implement manufacturing facilities for battery assembly and testing that meets its targets for quality, cost and performance
- Planning, specification, developing and implementation of assembly and test equipment and processes
- Working closely with internal and external design teams to ensure products and technology required is feasible and cost effective and meets all manufacturing requirements through tools such as virtual builds and simulation packages
- Ensuring robust process quality planning including build and assembly simulations, PFMEAs and control plans
- Acting as an integral part of the early build phases both internally and at any customer facility
- Managing technical issues through to resolution, including management and/or customer reporting
- Leading the team in developing innovative areas of the manufacturing process that will enable the implementation of class leading product features.
The appointed Project Engineer will have the following experience:
- Minimum HNC in Engineering or similar
- Previous proven experience working in a process or manufacturing engineering role within a medium to high volume assembly business, either aerospace or automotive
- Good working knowledge of precision assembly and process control methodology, testing requirements, process and layout flows
- Good knowledge and experience of process equipment use, selection and validation methodology, including high levels of automation and robots
- Good knowledge and experience of joining technologies including adhesives, laser welding and wire bonding
- Strong proficiency in key engineering disciplines including GD&T
- Strong proficiency in key process engineering skills, including ergonomic assessment, risk assessments, COSHH, industrial engineering, PFMEAs and problem solving
If you're seeking your next long-term contract as Manufacturing Engineer APPLY NOW!
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing