Job Title: EC&I Project Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
We are a pioneering force in the global pharmaceutical industry, dedicated to advancing the production of life-saving drugs and therapies. With a rich history spanning over several decades, we have consistently demonstrated our commitment to innovation, quality, and compliance. Through a seamless integration of cutting-edge technology and extensive expertise, we have played a pivotal role in revolutionizing drug manufacturing processes, ensuring higher yields, and maintaining stringent regulatory standards.
The division boasts a team of highly skilled professionals, including engineers, process, and regulatory experts, who work collaboratively to develop and deliver customized solutions for pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our comprehensive portfolio encompasses a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment and systems, from advanced mixing and granulation technologies to sterile filling lines, ensuring the safe and efficient production of pharmaceutical products. We continue to stand as an industry leader, driving progress in pharmaceutical manufacturing and ultimately contributing to improved healthcare outcomes for patients globally.
Due to an extended period of exponential growth, we are in a fortunate position to continue our journey of growth and bring on more skilled individuals to our electrical and controls team.
About The EC&I Project Engineer Role
You will be responsible developing electrical controls and instrumentation solutions collaborating with other disciplinary teams to create new process manufacturing solutions.
The EC&I Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Electrical concept Design on a project by project basis
- Writing specifications for Panel, Instrumentation & Installations
- Writing of project documentation
- Project documentation
- Management of electrical element of any assigned project
- Onsite I/O Testing & Commissioning Support
- As Built Documentation
- Specify and discuss instrumentation needs with Process Department and suppliers
- Generate Load/Motor Schedules from P&ID and equipment data sheets
- Design electrical loop diagrams, cable routes, and layouts
- Approve Control Panel schematics and incorporate connection data into loop diagrams
- Proficient in industrial networks (e.g., profibus, AS-i, Ethernet, ControlNet)
- Exceptional fault-finding and troubleshooting abilities
- Conduct panel testing in the UK
- Proficiency in designing control systems
- Expertise in instrumentation applications
- Onsite Commissioning & I/O Testing
A successful EC&I Project Engineer will need:
- 5+ years' experience in Electrical/Instrumentation engineering
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Excellent at working and documentation for team and customer use
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage Industry ideal but not compulsory (Hygienic Applications)
We reward our EC&I Project Engineers a competitive salary, structured progression paths to grow your career with us, and an excellent selection of benefits including:
- 35 Hours per week (09.00-17.00 Mon to Fri)
- Company Pension
- Company Healthcare
- 25 Days Annual Leave (3 Days to be saved for Christmas shutdown)
- Death in Service
If you are a driven EC&I Project Engineer seeking an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in medical device delivery, we would love to hear from you. Join us on our journey as we continue to enrich the possibilities of our solutions.
Apply now and be part of our commitment to excellence in the field of pharmaceutical process manufacturing.
Thank you for your application. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, unfortunately we are not able to respond to every application personally, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful. To see our other available vacancies please visit our website. https://www.orionelectrotech.com/
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing