Highway assistant engineer needed in Rotheram £20.06ph ref 1105452
Full time hours on a temporary basis.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare design and maintenance work to procedures and work instructions using engineering design standards and codes of practice.
- Prepare costs estimates, drawings, contract documents, bills of quantities and schedules of work. 3. Provide advice and produce reports for Council representatives and clients.
- Carry out site inspections and surveys and if appropriate initiate or assist with remedial action in the event of asset failure.
- Collect, maintain and utilise technical data, including the use of computer based systems.
- Liaise with other Council departments/sections, agents, developers and other outside bodies and make recommendations as appropriate and ensure co-ordination of activities.
- Supervise other technical staff, including planning and allocation work and carry out on the job training.
- Supervise site works including acting as project manager for the contract and ensure that the required specifications and safety standards are met.
- Manage, monitor and control scheme and works order budgets to meet time and cost targets.
- Monitor and review standard procedures and operational practices and revise these documents and practices as necessary.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities