Technical Lead, Electrical/Electronic Development
Benefits – Excellent Base + BONUS + CAR + full benefits
Hybrid working option
Outstanding opportunity for a talented Engineering Technical Lead to take on a key, customer-facing role supporting cutting-edge, flagship new development projects within a growing, yet established engineering business with ongoing career development opportunities.
This is an exciting, newly created Technical Lead Engineering role with high visibility, which will utilise your first-class technical / design skills.
You will take the technical lead on projects, and you are likely to be from an electrical/electronic, mechatronic or automation background with in depth expertise of taking a technical lead across a multi-disciplined team of engineers (electrical / hardware / software / mechanical / automation) to steer and deliver these key projects.
As such, your role will be to deliver technical acumen to support the product development and testing phases as well as to drive improvements to processes as well as acting as the technical interface for customers.
Key accountabilities for Electrical Development / Technical Lead will include:
- You will utilise your design expertise to deliver expert guidance on the electrical (and other aligned disciplines) performance of complex products.
- Oversee the review & approval of designs before release.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to the engineering team.
- Provision of technical expertise to both the engineering and proposals teams for proposal generation, customer enquiries and technical troubleshooting.
- Review / define both the functional and design specifications for new products and / or features.
- Lead the investigation and effective resolution of any issues that arise during test / manufacture.
- Overseeing and technically reviewing the of work by other engineers in areas.
- Utilise your industry expertise to research into and innovate around the selection of new technologies.
- Work with t e marketing team to support the definition of next generation products.
To succeed in this technically varied role you will ideally be:
- Degree qualified in electrical / mechatronics / electronic Engineering or related field.
- Have a proven background in design and development working on complex products comprising electrical / hardware / software / automation and mechanical disciplines
- Have the technical capability to understand all aspect of the design through to operation and scientific principals behind our complex products
- Customer-facing skills as you will be main point of contact for key clients for key projects
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on electro-mechanical test systems
- First class written and verbal communication skills
Please apply via the link or contact Alison Kemp for further details
Likely to suit individuals with a background as (but not limited to) Technical Lead, Technical Specialist, Principal Engineer, Senior Development Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Lead Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering Lead or similar.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
CAR + BONUS
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities