Step Teachers are working with a school that is based in East London to source a Design Technology Teacher to start ASAP. This is a long-term role.
At this school students' well-being and social development are taken seriously by all staff. Pupils not only feel safe, they are safe because of the attention the school gives to ensuring good behaviour. Staff are visible around the school, making sure that pupils move to lessons quickly. This creates a positive atmosphere where pupils and adults work together to learn. Pupils are taught about how to be responsible citizens and the importance of giving to others. They learn about healthy relationships in an age-appropriate way, an example of how the school promotes respect successfully
As the ideal English Teacher for this role, you will:
- Possess strong knowledge of the Design Technology curriculum at the KS3 and KS4 levels
- Be able to plan and deliver engaging, differentiated lessons
- Upkeep a clean, tidy, and considerate classroom environment
- Display a strong, mentoring personality toward students
- Cultivate positive relationships with students, working to inspire good behaviour and a passion for learning
- Cooperate with and support your colleagues and additional classroom staff
- Be able to accurately assess and report on your students, and articulate solutions to their difficulties
- Comply with and implement the school's policies, and take part in their supportive educational ethos
Requirements for this role:
- QTS or equivalent
- Recent mainstream school-based experience teaching Design Technology
- A relevant related degree is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today
Contract, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Education