Income And Assessment Officer (Hybrid) needed in Caerphilly, £14.17ph - Reference: 5233568
The majority of the training is office based however the role itself is hybrid working with usually one or two days in the office on a rota basis. There is some flexibility around the rota and office based days.
• To provide day-to-day management, supervision and appraisal for designated staff within the Income & Assessment Section.
• To ensure the appropriate delegation of duties/tasks to designated staff.
• To validate and authorise assessments undertaken and to ensure that the relevant paperwork is passed to the Debt Monitoring & Recovery section in a timely manner so that clients are notified of their assessed charges promptly and accurately.
• Use relevant information systems (CIS/HB/Council Tax) to confirm information provided is correct in order to ensure accurate assessments.
• Liaise with Senior Officers in relation to discretionary decisions with regards to complex cases.
• To meet with clients and/or their representatives at an agreed venue or on occasion, in their own homes, to discuss issues raised with regards to the financial assessment process.
• To liaise effectively on behalf of the Department with other statutory agencies, voluntary organisations and other organisation and groups in the community.
• To ensure that any POVA concerns are acted upon appropriately and that the team are proactive in identifying any Adult & Children’s safeguarding concerns and escalating appropriately in line with departmental policy.
• To deputise for the Income & Assessment Team Leader as required.
• To assist in the compilation and monitoring of Performance Indicators (PIs).
• To undertake financial induction programmes for staff.
• Assist in the development and implementation of effective and efficient financial administration systems which meet the needs of the Directorate and comply with legislative and audit requirements.
• Attendance at formal and informal meetings as and when required.
• To contribute towards the Annual Team Plan for the section.
• To manage own workload effectively and undertake any necessary training or development required to fulfil the duties of this post.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance