Building Surveyor needed in Truro, £18ph - Reference:5239022
- To assist the Building Surveying Professional Consultancy Manager in delivering a range of minor capital works projects, reactive and planned maintenance programmes, across the Client and partners portfolio of buildings.
- The role will ensure Engineering and Fabric standards and contract management duties are executed, as required by the term framework contracts, supporting by the development and delivery of client commissioning practices, regulatory conformity, and performance and budget management targets.
- This is a front facing role, liaising with internal and external clients as well as term maintenance contractors to deliver repairs, improvements and refurbishment of the client's operational and commercial estates. Duties include the scoping and specifying of works, the management of defect enquiries, issuing orders to contractors, checking and approving contractor works proposals and estimates (repair and upgrades), reviewing regulatory and inspection certification, monitoring compliance standards and due date programmes, supervising work in progress, authorising variations, assisting with cost control measures, conducting pre, work in progress and post inspection audits.
- The role requires the application of technical and regulatory experience, understanding of best practice, monitoring framework contractor actions and performance, management of standards, efficiencies and outcomes ensuring value for money to the client and its clients.
- The role oversees front line delivery of projects to deliver improvements in building and compliance standards to meet the needs of services. The role requires staff to participate in multi skilling techniques, improve and share personal knowledge and awareness across M&E and fabric disciplines and embrace transformational change operating outside of the traditional mechanical, electrical and fabric single mode of responsibility for overseeing maintenance and compliance standards. The role will ensure that projects are managed to standards in law and buildings are kept operational for the safe and efficient use of staff, occupiers and the public.
- The role will assist in monitoring framework contractor performance ensuring that testing and inspection, maintenance and statutory compliance is effectively managed delivering value and legal compliance at the point of completion taking appropriate action where necessary to challenge and improve poor framework delivery standards and performance.
- The role will ensure that effective contract management systems, procedures and practices are followed and adhered to and provide detailed advice on technical, statutory legislation and contractual breaches by the contractor to the Framework Manager.
- Also, provide instructions and manage all aspects of contract management works supervision with framework contractors and give appropriate advice and guidance to clients on maintenance and statutory compliance requirements.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property