Structural Engineer / Design Engineer
Lamonby Recruitment have a new vacancy for a Structural Engineer / Design Engineer.
Our client requires an enthusiastic Structural Engineer / Design Engineer that has between 1 -5 years’ experience working on structural design with experience of a variety of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel.
This is an exciting time for a career minded Designer who wants join an established company working on exciting and varied projects.
Design Engineer Role: -
- Design of building structures and secondary structural support systems
- Consistent production of economic designs shown on clear and accurate drawings, maximising commercial opportunities.
- Working on specific projects and seeing them out from start to finish, liaising with customers and sales team.
- Responsible for generating comprehensive component and assembly designs in line with cost reduction and assembly processes
- Developing customer specifications, technical drawings and ultimately designs that can be manufactured and installed in a cost-effective manor
- Represent the Company at Design Team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK.
Role Requirements and Qualifications: -
- Degree qualified preferably within Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineer / Design Engineer that has between 1 to 5 years’ experience ideally with experience of building structures, ideally with a focus on steel.
- Sound understanding of AutoCAD (knowledge of Tekla would be an advantage)
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to communicate at all different levels including interacting and working with customers’ demands
£25,000 - £30,000 Depending on experience
Hours – Monday – Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 1.00pm
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK then please contact Matt direct on 02392 384650