Contract Manufacturing Engineer
6 month rolling contract, immediate start available
The company - highly regarded design, development and manufacturer. Due to a heavy investment in new product development, they are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to support a number of New Product Projects and on-going improvements within an assembly manufacturing environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a motivated team undertaking Manufacturing Engineering activities to ensure that New Product Introduction project timescales are fully supported and driving ongoing improvements on existing products.
Key Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Supporting the introduction of new products ensuring new product specification considers design for manufacture (DFM) at all stages and identifying opportunities for standardisation
- Process Improvement - Utilising your expertise to identify eay to improve processes / targeted lean improvement projects
- Reducing set-up times and input into ongoing process improvements
- Writing work instructions and identifying tooling requirements for product manufacture.
- Specifying Jig/fixtures for production
- Improve the efficiency of the operation in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Ensure production engineering is represented at Engineering change note meetings.
- Using industry knowledge and expertise to identify and new technology that can be implemented to improve quality and output.
To succeed in this varied and interesting project based Manufacturing Engineering role you will ideally need to have:
- Proven Manufacturing Engineering or Production Engineering experience in an assembly (mechanical assembly or elec/mech assembly) or related production engineering environment
- New Product Introduction (NPI) and DFM experience
- Process improvement experience
- MRP experience is essential and CAD experience is preferred but NOT essential.
Please contact Alison Kemp for further details or apply via the link
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities