QUALITY AND RISK MANAGER – G4S PATIENT TRANSPORT SERVICES
Hybrid working - Chelmsford and Home Based
Up to £35,500.00 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
Excellent Company benefits including Contributory Pension, G4S Life Assurance Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised Healthcare Plan
G4S Patient Transport Services is one of the UK’s largest Non-Emergency Patient Transport providers, carrying out over 50,000 journeys on behalf of the NHS every year. With 12 operational bases across the UK and a dedicated call centre, we employ over 720 members of staff to deliver safe, caring, high-quality patient transport.
About the Role
As an experienced Quality and Risk Manager, you will develop, implement and maintain a system of quality. Day-to-day you will oversee the activities required to meet the quality standards set for the services. You will ensure that this quality is consistent, to timescales, and meets both external and internal requirements.
Reporting directly to the Clinical, Professional & Development Lead, you will produce regular data and reports that highlight the performance of the quality management system and conformance with the quality management plan and processes.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role are;
- Develop Quality Standards (best practice) for the company and ensure our people and/or processes meet these standards
- Assist functional leads in the development of periodic improvement plans for their business areas
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the Quality Management System including, but not limited to:
- Policy, standards and plans are updated by functional leads before their annual renewal date
- Maintain the functionality of i-auditor/safety culture that provides key notifications to ensure the quality management system is updated according to the schedule
- Maintain links on the Hub site and ensure, at site level, it is adopted and used
- Ensure no controlled documents exist outside of the quality management system i.e. copies of documents held at base
- Overall responsibility for the Quality and Procedure best practice
- Review existing policies, standards and procedures to ensure they meet the current guidelines
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to ensure they meet the Quality Standards
- Manage all client (i.e. ICB) improvement initiatives
- Liaise with other managers and staff and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards
- Assess the effectiveness of changes made
- Coordinate environment and sustainability initiatives. Look at ways to reduce waste and improve efficiency
- Inspect the QMS, identify Quality Management weaknesses and risks, and change as necessary
- Identify, measure, manage and report risks. Helping develop processes to better evaluate business-specific risk. Monitoring/highlighting critical risk issues and conducting risk and compliance assessments when required.
- Champion root cause analysis and preventative actions
- Managing and maintaining any operating licences
- Continually evolve the Quality Management System and best practice to deliver ISO certifications ISO9001, ISO140001
- Collaborate with business assurance colleagues such as Health & Safety to identify synergies and implement any efficiencies identified
- Act as assistant Senior Information Risk Owner (Ast. SIRO)
- Assist Quality Improvement Manager to implement business improvement initiatives i.e. PSIRF [Patient Safety Incident Response Framework]
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate previous experience within a Quality and Risk environment. You must have attention to detail along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to perform root cause analysis and put in place preventative measures.
As an experienced Manager, it is essential that you are a dynamic and engaging individual who shares our ethics and values to deliver a first-class service. A great communicator, with excellent IT skills, you will play a pivotal part in helping shape G4S Patient Transport Services for the future.
Leading by example, we are looking for a highly motivated Manager, with the ability to be resilient, and confident with a tenacious can-do attitude. You must have the ability to embrace complexity, be a part of a busy and fast-paced environment and be flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios.
More about us
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Patient Transport Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
G4S Patient Transport Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
At G4S, we understand that our people are our greatest asset and an essential part of our long-term business strategy. As such we are committed to the ongoing professional development and wellbeing of our staff, offering extensive training and progression opportunities and investing in the physical and mental health of our workforce.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 3 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 3 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Company Pension, Life Assurance Scheme, Subsidised Healthcare Plan
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing