- School Administration Officer
- 45am – 4.00pm
- Monday to Friday
- Term-time only
- ASAP Start
- Temp to Perm Contract
- Hackney Primary School
A well-organised, outstanding primary school in Hackney is looking for an experienced school office administrator to join their team to manage the school office.
As the School Administration Officer you will be responsible for leading the smooth running of the school office, assisting with provisioning of services for the school and providing a confidential secretarial service to the Headteacher and Executive Head.
Your duties will include
- Co-ordinating and supervising the work of office staff to ensure the school office is organised efficiently.
- Personnel management including maintaining HR records, recruitment and on boarding of new staff including background checks
- Finance administration including liaising with payroll and personnel provider, purchasing, banking monies and parent pay
- Providing administrative support in organising safety procedures and managing emergencies
- Organising the administration of new admissions and assisting the Headteacher in arranging parental interviews and appeals.
- Preparing statistical information and reports for the local authority, DfE and annual census
- IT systems management including updating website etc
- Representing the school at relevant external meetings, seminars and training courses
- Undertaking reception cover and administration, dealing with a range of telephone enquiries from parents and visitors
The school are offering the role on a contract basis initially, but are looking for a permanent member of the team. Please note we are only able to accept applications from experienced school administration officers with a minimum of 1 years' experience working in a school office and management experience.
Relevant qualification in supervisory management CSBM (Desirable)
This 2-form-entry primary school is based in Hackney and is part of a larger federation across Hackney and is a popular school within the local community. They have a diverse intake of pupils, many of whom have English as an additional language and pupils make good progress whilst at the school. There is an established and experienced senior management team and there are good opportunities for career development in the school. You will be joining a welcoming and dedicated staff team.
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education