Are you experienced in leading and mentoring a team to bring out their best?
Have you previously been working in a highly customer-focused estates environment?
Do you want to be key part of our East Kilbride estates team?
If you’ve answered yes, then this exciting Building Manager role within East Kilbride might just be for you!
This is a key role within the Estates operating model, making sure the building and facilities are safe and fully operational 24 hours a day, while providing an exceptional customer experience. You will act as deputy to the G7 Head of Estates (HOE) and provide safeguards on their behalf which could include Health and Safety, Incident planning, Business Continuity or Sustainable Development.
As our Building Manager, responsibilities include delivery of highly customer-focussed accommodation and its related services as well as providing safeguards in a number of areas. Some of these could include;
- Providing the G7 Head of Estate with assurance that Health & Safety and/or Business continuity plans within the government hub are correctly exercised and any action is taken forward. Part of your team includes a number of subject matter experts who can support these tasks.
- Act as Estates Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) for HMRC Lines of Business and other Government Departments within the Region and broker contacts with specific business areas to support any tasks required.
- Monitor customer activity and develop an understanding of customer issues, resolving or escalating where appropriate. Be proactive in holding meetings with high profile customers to facilitate real-time working and customer engagement.
- Work alongside building H&S Managers to monitor and ensure all unresolved building related risks are escalated appropriately.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day resolution of any building related security issues in conjunction with the building Security Manager, including changes to the threat alert status and associated tasks. Using the security incident reporting tool to monitor trends in building related issues, taking any necessary control steps to mitigate those trends.
- Actively promote, encourage and support the pursuit of HMRC’s sustainable development targets and initiatives.
- Support the G7 Lead on more complex issues and motivate staff by instilling professional integrity and high professional customer services standards, by encouraging the broadening and deepening of customer knowledge.
We feel that in order to succeed and thrive in this role, you need to have recent experience of;
- Building management
- Health and Safety
- Business continuity
- Working within a property profession / facilities management discipline
- Delivering strong customer service
- Management of People
The post holder will lead a team of subject matter experts including Health & Safety Manager, Incident Control / Business Continuity Manager and Customer Service Apprentice, providing clear and effective leadership and developing the team capability to a high professional level.
Within this role, not only will you be responsible for our East Kilbride estate, but you will also be leading and developing approximately 4 team members, looking after and developing their progression and learning. We want your passion about continuous improvement to come through in everything, including your teams performance and development routes.
The post holder will work closely with other colleagues in the regional estates team, adopting a ‘one team’ approach to problem solving and delivering exceptional service to our colleagues across our region and nationally when appropriate.
- You should hold Membership of the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management ( IWFM) at Level 4. If you do not hold this at that level, you must contractually commit to obtaining this within 24 months of taking up duty.
- Background within a Building Management or Health & Safety environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing and mentoring a team
- CMI Level 4 in leadership and customer service
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property