PRISON SUPERVISOR – Industrial Cleaning
HMP FIVE WELLS
£30,000.00 per annum
Full Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
An opportunity to share your skills and knowledge with others!
A brand new contract, HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough is the UK’s first purpose-built, peer-led resettlement Prison. After opening in early 2022, it’s a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future. At HMP Five Wells we aim to provide all prisoners with a platform to change their lives and create an environment in which our staff and prisoners feel safe and supported.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) successfully manages four prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts across England and Wales. The philosophy of our business is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them with the skills needed to re-integrate into society on release.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful team at HMP Five Wells, where you can utilise your skills in a busy, fully equipped, new, and modern prison.
For this pivotal role, we are looking for a qualified Industrial Cleaning Supervisor to work with Prisoners around the Prison on a daily basis and asses their learning skills. It is essential that you are qualified to CIWM (WAMITAB) standards.
You should be enthusiastic and have the ability to motivate learners with good communication skills. You will also be responsible for coordinating work activities in line with Prison regime requirements while supporting and developing the prisoner’s skills.
Most importantly your role will be to provide professional advice, guidance and support to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours of Prisoners within our care.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Supervise and control prisoners in a small cleaning group so that the good order of the prison is maintained, ensuring sessions run smoothly.
- Plan and deliver Industrial Cleaning learning programmes that develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours that prisoners need for employment within the establishment and upon release.
- Prepare workshop sessions using a variety of teaching and assessment methods to include high quality learning materials, equipment, and resources to maximise productive and effective learning opportunities
- Maintain prisoner attendance levels at optimum levels so that efficiency is obtained at all times.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation are dealt with in a professional manner that meets audit requirements.
- Monitor all work areas to ensure they are kept clean, tidy, and presentable and are operating in accordance with appropriate Health and Safety procedures.
- Check that all tools or store items, including consumables, are accounted for at all times so that security is maintained.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment through compliance with security instructions.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health and Safety culture across the site, leading by example; this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner and following the applicable safe systems of work for the role.
You will have a consultative and can do attitude, maximising opportunities for prisoners to engage in work, education and training that will benefit their rehabilitation and the efficient running of the prison
You must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, alongside good negotiation and influencing skills. You must demonstrate a high level of resilience, an ability to work under pressure and have a keen eye for detail.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment. You will be a dynamic and engaging individual with a good sense of humour. As a proven professional, you will be an integral part of the Activities Team at HMP Five Wells.
In return, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, holiday entitlement, life assurance, company pension, comprehensive training and career development.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and His Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Company Pension Scheme, Life Assurance
- Industry Sector Education