Step Teachers are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant who must be able to build positive professional relationships quickly and be resilient. The role based in Norwich starting ASAP until the end of the academic
The Role: As a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting a highly anxious student who is a school refuser. Your primary focus will be to provide individualized assistance, create a secure learning space, and help the student overcome barriers to participation. Working closely with the school's SENCO and teaching staff, you will contribute to the development and implementation of personalized strategies to address the student's specific needs.
- Build a trusting and positive relationship with the student
- Implement and adapt learning materials to cater to the student's learning style
- Foster a calm and supportive atmosphere to alleviate anxiety
- Collaborate with teachers and other support staff to create a cohesive learning experience
- Monitor and record the student's progress, providing regular feedback to the SENCO and parents
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience working with students with special educational needs, particularly those experiencing anxiety and school refusal
- Relevant qualifications in education or special education
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting children with diverse needs
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and take initiative when required
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education