Do you have experience in Incident Management?
Are you comfortable planning and delivering our preparedness in response to existing and new threats and risks?
Have you got the drive to lead our counter terrorism security education and awareness programme?
If you’re thinking yes, then you should be thinking about a career within Counter Terrorism at HMRC!
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Counter Terrorism team, where we work to keep our people, buildings, and assets safe and secure. We will support you, as you work with various business leaders to achieve positive outcomes in relation to Counter Terrorism Incident Management and preparedness, using your knowledge to give operational security advice and deliver decisions at pace.
Here are some of the things you'll be responsible for as our Senior Counter Terrorism Coordination Manager:
- Establish and maintain up-to-date critical communication networks.
- Schedule the annual Counter Terrorism assurance timetable and exercising/testing programme, ensuring all key stakeholders have the opportunity to feed into site reviews; organise periodic reviews of recommendations to ensure timely action/implementation.
- Support the Incident Control Officer (ICO) national network, providing leadership and guidance in applying counter terrorism guidance, instructions and preparedness across the estate.
- Manage and develop the education and awareness programme.
- Organise and manage incident After Action Reviews, involve key stakeholders, manage implementation of actions.
- Collate detailed data relating to incidents, threats, risks, information and intel; process, analyse and use data in an innovative way to reduce risk.
- Contribute to, and where appropriate lead, projects to research, plans and deliver enhanced capability and/or preparedness – in response to new threats, new regulations, developments in perceived best practice, etc.
- Carry out open-source research to identify threats and risks.
Please note this role is focused on operational security, not cyber security.
Due to the nature of this role, we will require you to work outside of normal hours, on a rota. You will be ‘on call’ to respond if any Counter Terrorism or security advice is needed. Additionally, there will be travel to other offices and the occasional overnight stay.
- Experience of operational security, Counter Terrorism or Incident Management and preparedness.
- Experience of balancing changing priorities at short notice within a fast-paced environment.
- Recent experience leading impromptu situations.
- Providing leadership and direction.
- Demonstrable experience building strong relationships across all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to quickly analyse and interpret information, make informed decisions, engage stakeholders, and deliver business-focused solutions.
- A passion for proactively keeping up-to-date with the latest relevant industry developments.
- On appointment applicants should be prepared to complete a L5 BTEC (security management) qualification (if not already completed or currently working towards).
- An equivalent security management accredited course (L5) would be considered against the criteria.
- Government Commercial College Contract Management Foundation Level – if not held already must be willing to complete within two years of appointment.
Security Check (SC) vetting is a requirement of the role, if this isn’t already held, or cannot be transferred, then a new application should be made immediately upon appointment.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services