Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Job Location: Wembley
Hourly Pay Rate: £23.05 PAYE / £29.44 Umbrella
Shifts: Mon '' Fri on Days /Monday to Thursday Nights (12hrs shifts)
Duration: Long and Ongoing
Start Date: ASAP
Position Summary for the Mechanical Fitter:
Working at a busy Train Maintenance Facility Depot you the Mechanical Fitter will initially be engaged for the implementation of a suite of pre-sale modifications on modern Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs) project.
Once the Mechanical Fitter has been signed off competent, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out snagging work and routine maintenance, repair and fault finding.
- Take overall responsibility of vehicle examinations in line with vehicle maintenance instructions (VMI's).
- Undertake all types of maintenance examination work to ensure that we provide a safe, reliable, and defect free train.
- Take responsibility for the safe, efficient, and professional workmanship of oneself and others under your control.
Duties for the Mechanical Fitter could include the following:
- Mechanical Interiors/ Roof & Underframe inspections
- Carrying out inspections and checks to ensure reliability of fleet
- Carrying out mechanical modifications
- Carrying out work recording via both paperwork and computer (SAP)
- Vehicle Build rectification work
Qualifications / Education required: Mechanical Engineer - Minimum requirements NVQ Level 3 award in a Mechanical discipline or relevant apprenticeship.
Industries Considered for the Mechanical Fitter: Rolling Stock, HGV, PCV, Marine, Aviation Engineers, Motor Vehicle Technicians (Mechanical or Electrical), Armed Forces
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A Zero Tolerance DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)
Please note due to the potential volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities