It’s an exciting time to join the Future Workforce Design & Effectiveness (FWD&E) team to help transform HMRC and help it achieve its future vision. You will be responsible for leading and delivering complex change initiatives that transform organisations, improve efficiency, and embed desired culture and behaviour change. Working as part of the FWDE team provides the opportunity to work at enterprise level, across senior leadership teams, Strategy and Business architecture whilst working on individual projects across business groups with HR partners.
The FWD&E team is a group of passionate and innovative HR professionals who are shaping the future of work. The team compromises of Organisation Design & Development Consultants, a People Impacting and Change Team and an HR Strategy Team totalling 25.
HMRC is transforming itself at pace, and the FWD&E team is at the cutting edge of that change. We are looking for talented Organisation Design & Development Consultants to join our team who are driven, keen to deliver change, comfortable working in ambiguity and at pace to help us deliver expert services which include:
Leading organisation-level OD&D interventions such as redesigning and evolving our organisational culture to ensure it will enable the successful delivery of the future vision for HMRC.
Partnering business areas on strategically significant design and development issues which may include complex redesigns of business group target operating models as well as working with the senior leadership teams in terms of their ways of working and top team effectiveness.
Developing FWD&E capability both within and outside of the expert service working collaboratively with HR Business Partner colleagues and other centres of expertise across the people function to deliver the desired behavioural change.
- Lead organisation design projects to develop operating models that deliver tangible business and cultural outcomes.
- Use design and consultancy skills to lead others through the design process, from contracting, through analysis and design, to implementation and evaluation.
- Design and deliver organisation development interventions to increase organisational efficiency and embed the desired culture and behaviour change.
- Provide direction/strategic guidance, within relevant business/programme frameworks and in line with HMRC strategic objectives.
- Work at organisational, business and directorate level alongside senior leadership teams to develop organisational effectiveness.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams to design and deliver OD&D outcomes.
- Possess the ability to think creatively when problem solving and to translate complex matters simply and effectively to stakeholders.
- Experience of leading complex and/or high-profile OD&D interventions. We are particularly looking for talented individuals with well-developed Organisation Design and Development skills.
- Practical experience of handling senior stakeholders in a high-profile change environment.
- Understanding of large, complex organisations and how their business areas operate as a system.
- A formal Organisation Design/Development qualification or equivalent specialist knowledge and proven experience gained in a delivery environment.
- CIPD Membership (or equivalent professional membership).
- Experience of communications and engagement within business projects.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Tell us about how you have designed and led a complex and/or high-profile OD&D interventions.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services