Job Title: Indirect Buyer (12-Month Fixed-Term Contract)
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Our client is a leading manufacturing organization with a strong commitment to excellence and innovation. They pride themselves on delivering high-quality products to our global customer base while maintaining a sustainable and customer-centric approach. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a motivated and experienced Indirect Buyer to join the team on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
As an Indirect Buyer, you will play a critical role in managing the procurement and supplier relationships for indirect commodities across our organization. Your expertise will help us optimize costs, enhance supplier performance, and ensure the availability of essential indirect goods and services to support our manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and support the procurement needs of various departments.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies for indirect commodities, with a focus on cost optimization and supplier performance.
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Monitor market trends, evaluate supplier performance, and proactively address any issues to ensure a continuous supply of goods and services.
- Manage and maintain procurement data, ensuring accurate records and compliance with company policies.
- Participate in the development of risk mitigation plans and cost reduction initiatives.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in indirect procurement.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in procurement and supplier management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of indirect commodity markets and sourcing strategies.
- Proficiency in procurement software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach to work.
- CIPS certification is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative team.
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities