Manufacturing Engineer - Lancashire
Monday to Friday Days (8:30-5 Monday to Thursday - 3:45pm finish on a Friday)
£32K-£38K + Good Pension + 34 days annual leave + Death in Service, Childcare Vouchers, Physio + more
Continuous process manufacturing company in Lancashire, currently seeking to add an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to their team. A Multi-million pound business with a worldwide customer base, who have increased their turnover by 20% in the last year through new product offerings and increased sales.
The business is very well established, having operated from this site for more than a century and there are members of staff that have worked continuously for the business for more than 40 years, which speaks volumes. The company don't rest on the laurels and invest in product and process development, currently supplying thousands of different products, manufactured to various leading quality standards, such as: 16949, 9001, 14001, 50001, etc
- Providing support to the production team and department.
- Coordinate factory tests / experiments for new product development.
- Develop and improve onsite processes to provide increased output and waste reduction. The focus here will be on both longer-term improvement projects and achieving of daily/weekly/monthly KPI's / operational targets (for example: On Time deliveries, waste minimisation and cost reductions).
- Value engineering existing products to give material cost savings.
- Lead and facilitate problem-solving teams to achieve production objectives and continuous improvement (CI) targets.
- Develop, monitor and audit shop floor documentation, such as process instructions and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to meet various ISO accreditations.
- Specification, installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment (CAPEX).
- Work with the Design & Development and Quality departments to carry out FMEA and implement innovative solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Ideally be Degree qualified, however candidates with vocational qualifications and experience will also be considered!
- Enjoy problem solving manufacturing challenges in relation to materials.
- Have experience working within Polymer / Extrusion / Chemical Process / Moulding.
- Have a solid manufacturing background with a track record of implementing positive change through Lean Manufacturing and/or Continuous Improvement techniques.
In Return - the company can offer:
- A salary of up to £38K dependant on experience
- An excellent pension where the company will double the employee's contribution
- 34 days holiday (including stats)
- Death in Service, Childcare Vouchers, Annual Personal Development Reviews, Physio, etc
- Excellent training & development, plus opportunities for career progression and further education.
This role really is a great opportunity to join a very successful, growing, reputable and renowned manufacturing company. To apply, please send your CV and salary expectations in application, or call Mark on 0161 826 9466 for more info.