Business Advisor / Account Manager
Up to £25,000
Fixed-Term till March 2020
Permanent / Full-time
My client is a well-established, not-for-profit Training Provider that is looking to employ a Business advisor to generate and account manage a caseload of Greater Manchester employers in order to promote and increase the take up of apprenticeships.
The aim of the project is to design and implement appropriate recruitment and workforce development solutions for small to medium size employers who are not already actively engaging in apprenticeships and guide them through the process of selecting a training provider to suit their needs. To be fully proficient with all the financial support in the form of grants available to employers engaging with apprenticeships across the ten local authorities in Greater Manchester.
- Present, promote and sell appropriate products/services in line with the project outputs.
- Use understanding of the portfolio of apprenticeships and training opportunities available to ensure that employers are fully aware and can make informed decisions around engaging with apprentices.
- Diagnose business needs in order to effectively position apprenticeships as a solution.
- Continually create and refresh an extensive caseload of businesses that enable individual, company and contracts targets to be met in line with quality requirements.
- Proactively carry out sales activity including cold calling, telesales and structured e-marketing and digital campaigns to employers and candidates to promote apprenticeships
- Develop and maintain excellent account management relationships with customers that result in the take up of services, repeat business
- Conduct professional face to face and telephone meetings at all levels with customers, delivering sales presentations and pitches.
- Attend networking events and learner recruitment events (which at times will involve working outside of standard business hours)
- Contributing to the achievement of cross-sector and cross-company targets
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Proven business diagnostic skills
- Results Driven
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Proven and excellent selling and presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills with business of all sizes
- Proven project management and organisation skills
- Ability to communicate with businesses at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- IT skills, e.g. use of Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, power point and outlook)
- Sales and employer engagement experience
- Sound knowledge of the work based learning route including Apprenticeship frameworks, standards and their processes (advantageous)
For more information, please contact Lydia Howbrook on 0161 245 4942 / 07734 859 459 or email Lydia.email@example.com
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.