Lamonby Recruitment have a great opportunity for an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer to join our client, a leading engineering and manufacturing organisation. The successful applicant will ideally come from an engineering background and will have hands on and recent experience of working with temperature controlled industrial furnaces/ovens and time controller circuits, settings and programmes (a recent working knowledge of switchgears, controllers, PLC’s and CNC controlled circuits).
The successful Maintenance Engineer must be able to carry out planned and reactive maintenance schedules and prioritise workloads. Fault finding skills and an understanding of schematics is essential. Ideally applicants will be apprentice trained and hold similar or higher qualifications, City and Guilds / Btec / ONC Electrical Engineering, 17th Edition regs is an advantage.
In return, the successful applicant will receive a starting salary between £32,000 and £36,000 (dependent upon experience)
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Role
- To fault find and repair all factory machinery in a short period of time to minimise production down time.
- To design and implement upgrades to existing equipment. To work safely at all times and comply with the Machinery Directive.
- The ability to understand and generate circuit diagrams
- Familiar with analogue technology - Ability to work and repair older analogue equipment.
- Able to diagnose the problem in a complete system down to component level
- Will be required to perform electronic / electrical calibration on existing equipment - Equipment calibrated in accordance with the company calibration schedule. Certificate complete and records filed on the company Quality system.
- Considers the safety of themselves and others while working. All changes and modifications will conform to the Machinery Directive – training can be given
Role Requirements and Qualifications
- A background as an electronic /electrical engineer with all round knowledge of various system is essential with mechanical aptitude an advantage.
- Electronic / electrical qualified to ONC/HNC level essential
- PLC/Switchgear/CNC controlled circuit knowledge
- Computer Literate - Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) experience.
- Ability to read circuit and wiring diagrams essential.
- Good soldering skills essential
- Qualified to BS7671 with 17th Edition Wiring Regulations or other electrical installation qualification essential
- C&G 2391-10 Inspection and Testing would be an advantage
- Prior working knowledge of machine building and wiring would be an advantage.
- Technically very competent and confident about working autonomously using own initiative.
- Able to make decisions, accordingly, plan own workload and prioritise appropriately.
- Clean driving licence
- May be required to travel to in the UK occasionally
- Willing to attend specialist training courses to maintain and develop technical knowledge.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Package
- Salary £32,000-£36,000 (Dependent on the individual’s experience and qualifications)
- Holiday entitlement 20 days
- This role offers a long-term opportunity to grow and develop with the business
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Adam direct on 02392 384650.