Our client is a leading Independent Connections Provider (ICP), accredited under the Lloyds National Electrical Registration Scheme (NERS) up to and including 132kV, to deliver safe, robust and cost-effective connections to electricity distribution networks.
They provide grid connection works from low voltage up to and including 132kV, working on projects from inception to completion, including Distribution Network Operator (DNO) adoption.
They are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join a growing and successful team. The role will report to the Managing Director and be an integral part of the business growth strategy. The successful candidate will work throughout the company, supporting project development designs along with the creation of detailed electrical schemes for new high voltage connections and private networks.
This is a role for an experienced electrical designer with a proven track record working within the electrical distribution and/or high voltage industries. Ideally a Chartered member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology or working towards Chartership. Knowledge of work to DNO G81 design standards would be an advantage.
• Ensure project compliance with all relevant standards and health & Safety requirements
• Produce electrical protection schemes and HV substation building requirements to DNO and customer standards
• Undertake HV&LV cable network and switchgear selection and design
• Prepare specifications/drawings/SLDs based on relevant standards
• Communicate with hardware manufacturer service/technical teams
• Liaison with customers, their representatives and consultants
• Work closely with the team to produce equipment layouts, designs, testing and commissioning procedures
• Liaise with manufacturers during design, installation and commissioning
• Attend manufacturer factory acceptance tests
• Minimum of HNC in Electrical engineering or similar discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working for an ICP or utility company.
• Extensive knowledge low and high voltage (up to 33kV) electrical systems and design
• Knowledge of 132kV primary system design would be an advantage
• Have an excellent ability for problem solving and finding technical solutions
• Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines
• Travel may be required for the role with some occasional overnight stays
• Clean driving license