Our client is a leading international consultancy and project developer, helping businesses and organisations to meet the demands of the Paris Agreement.
Our client works with organisations to embed climate action as a global driver of commercial performance; delivering economic, social and environmental value.
• Work with organisations to create business value through carbon, energy and sustainability management.
• Help them to understand their carbon footprints and then go beyond measurement to create achievable management plans and to communicate their achievements.
• Responsibility for managing and delivering a range of carbon, energy and sustainability projects.
• Reporting to a senior member of the Team, the Senior Consultant will be required to work closely with all members of the team, both advisory and sales, to achieve Company objectives.
• Honours or Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within carbon and sustainability services.
• Detailed knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, energy, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainability.
• Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants, PAS 2050) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards such as PAS 2060.
• Working knowledge of LCA and software such as GABI.
• Experience of Scope 3 value chain assessment techniques and methods.
• Familiarity with a range of approaches to target setting including science-based target methodologies, CDP, climate related risk assessment and scenario analysis.
• Familiarity with the recommendations of TCFD and other publications aimed at supporting organisations address, manage and prepare against the impact’s climate change.
• Detailed understanding of UK legislative frameworks.
• Excellent data handling skills and advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Knowledge of carbon accounting / CR reporting software.
• Experience working in a consultative manner to understand client needs and guide them to a solution, preferably demonstrated through client consulting engagements in the private sector.
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and present information with confidence in front of an audience, lead client workshops and represent Carbon Clear externally.
• Effective writing skills, with an ability to write concise, compelling and well-structured documents and reports.
• Commitment to supporting the team in a growing and dynamic business.