On behalf of a major international organisation with offices in the City of London, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced SQL DBA to take responsibility for their SQL Server estate.
This senior position is both technical and strategic, with a focus on Data Architecture, Database Infrastructure and Design, Development and Business Intelligence and Technical Project Management to manage and maintain a gowing SQL Server Estate of c40 Production Instances and additional development and test Instances.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee management and availability of the database estate, work with teams to ensure that systems are stable and offer assistance to resolve day to day anomalies according to agreed priorities
- Help implement the strategic goal to migrate to cloud based technology by aligning appropriate underlying SQL estate with this objective
- Ensure that the infrastructure is optimised, backed up and has capacity on a day to day basis
- Report back up/system failures and manage the process to ensure consistent resolutions are implemented
- Work with problem management team on Critical Incidents to ensure issues are understood, lessons are learned and processes are updated
- Be up to date with Infrastructure plans and implementations and partner with them to offer advice/counsel on areas relating to data/application based development or database administration activities
- Collaborate with colleagues to understand requirements, concerns, blocked items
- Offer time and support to development project initiation, sprints/BAU activities
- Conduct regular code review of database objects and impact assessments and feedback
- Maintain communications within the group so staff are aware of the SLA model for database administration
- Review how systems are integrated and highlight risks, issues and potential solutions from a DBA perspective
- Maintain versioning to ensure the SQL architecture is appropriately aligned across the entire estate in all environments
- Review how SSIS and SSRS are implemented across the board and provide and implement recommendations to consolidate and improve these services according to objectives
- Maintain clear, concise, consolidated db status reporting into leadership at all times.
Your technical skills will include data modelling, schema design & security; solid backup routine experience; understanding of indexing etc; experience with Azure and alternative cloud based architectures; disaster recovery planning; familiarity with VM architecture.
If you have the above skills and experience, then we would like to hear from you. An excellent package is on offer for the successful candidate so, for prompt and confidential consideration, please forward your current CV.......Apply Now!
Daylight Resources is a specialist recruiter for BI, DW, DBA and Analytics roles. We act as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are a committed equal opportunities employer. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.