Climate17 are working exclusively with a market leader in the design, build and operation of energy networks, principally heat led district heating systems in the UK. They work with everything from gas fired CHP, gas boilers, biomass boilers and heat pumps through to larger EfW and biomass power stations.
Our client’s largest project is brand new heat network which when completed will supply heat to thousands residential properties along with multiple commercial heat customers. They are currently working on, designing, building and operating numerous smaller (and not so small) district energy projects in London with a number of plant-only operations outside London including O&M for EfW power stations. They are committed to delivering better solutions; always questioning and innovating. This is an opportunity to be part of the creation of a new and innovative energy business with the opportunity to grow with the business.
They are looking for someone to join their technical analysts/commercial projects team which is one of the most flexible and varied in terms of the range of projects and activities that they work on.
The main focus of the team is working with their Clients (and prospective Clients) to find the best possible solutions for their needs and to develop, refine, re-invent keep innovating in their technical and commercial solutions to meet those needs.
• Leading and coordinating preparing formal bids, incorporating constructions for our design, customer service, ops and commercial teams. Including modelling ESCo SPV’s, preparing proposals and so on.
• Presenting and workshopping solutions with client’s architects and engineers and with our own design and commercial teams.
• Undertaking technical and performance reviews of existing sites and installations both for existing and new Clients, to identify and plan improvements and optimisation.
• Development of new products and solutions, applying new low carbon solutions to heat networks;
• technical and commercial solution development.
• Specific projects and initiatives; analysing, researching, understanding and applying; from system
• performance analysis feeding back to systems design to impact of building regs on future solutions
• variability to developing real and innovative social added value and so on.
• Detail commercial and contract negotiation to turn innovative proposals into effective contractual and commercial structures.
• well organised, forward looking, able to plan for challenges and effectively self-manage their work to ensure projects are delivered on time and with high quality.
Knowledge and Qualifications
• Formal qualifications in and appropriate discipline to degree level or equivalent experience relevant to the role.
• Commercial & contractual understanding of energy services, construction, mechanical services or equivalent multidisciplinary area.
• Good knowledge of renewable and low carbon heating technologies such as CHP, Heat Pumps and Biomass.
• Ideally experience of managing their own projects with minimal supervision.
• Good understanding and awareness of UK engineering and construction regulations and standards, including CDM.
• Intelligent, organised and self-starting.
• Able to think for themselves and take ownership of their projects working as a self-driven member of a flexible team.
• Need to be comfortable communicating with team members, client’s and clients’ engineers and with contractors and specialist suppliers.
• Personable and a good communicator
Essential Characteristics and Skills
• A willingness to take ownership of a project, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually.
• Willingness to think differently, to innovate and to proactively look at new and better solutions.
• Strong analytical skills, comfortable with interpreting data to assess viability and drive solution
• Excellent communication and presentations skills, written and in meetings
• Fully IT proficient; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, email systems etc as a minimum.
• Attention to detail and a ‘right first time’ approach.
• Super organised with good time management and planning.