Our client, a leading Renewable Energy company, is currently recruiting a number of Solar Project Technician roles across different locations for their Solar O&M service business.
The Solar Project Technician is a site-based role performing operational, maintenance, upgrade and repairs activities on utility-scale solar and battery storage systems.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the plants achieve outstanding levels of safety and performance at minimum cost.
• Adherence to health and safety requirements at all times and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the solar plants
• Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements
• Identify upgrades and repairs required on Solar Farms. Help produce detailed scope and pricing and submit these to the Project Manager.
• Ensure all project work is undertaken or procured from subcontractors in accordance with processes and procedures.
• Undertake project work according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
• Manage sub-contractors and ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work.
• Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
• Inspection, testing and maintenance of the solar plant.
• Keeping clear and accurate records and reports
• Keeping in close communication with the Project Manager
• Occasionally working away from home for training courses or project work for up to 1 week at a time
• Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks
• Solar construction, project or maintenance experience
• Experience of working remotely without close supervision
• Experience of civil works
• Solar PV maintenance experience on MW-scale systems
• Solar PV installation experience on MW-scale systems
• Full UK driving licence
• BS7671 (17/18th edition) Desirable
• Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5)
• First aid qualifications
• Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, SSSTS, CSCS)