We have a fantastic opportunity for a Supervisor reporting to the General Manager for a leading shipping line based in the City.
The purpose of the role is to give proper instructions to master, agents, bunker suppliers, ship managers, ship owners, and other necessary parties concerned about detail of each voyage, such as cargo, cargo quantity, loading ports, discharging ports, bunkering, schedule and so on, in accordance with restriction along navigation route as well as terms and condition of voyage charter or time charter.
For above purpose, supervisors are required to develop and direct the day to day commercial activities of the dry bulk operations including voyage profit & loss reporting.
Supervisors are also required to achieve maximum profitability of each voyage consistent with established policies and targets as well as ensuring all procedures and instructions are adhered to in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with established policies of Bulk Shipping.
We are looking for a candidate with at least 3 years bulk carrier knowledge/experience, and an ICS or degree in maritime studies.
Supervisor’s key tasks and responsibilities:
- Supervise a team of Operators
- Provide support and direction with the below responsibilities of Operators:
- Preparing and issuing commercial order to vessels (Voyage instruction / Time charter instruction)
- Voyage planning (examination & supervising for Routing / Stowage plan / Navigation / Bunkering plan / Schedule / Loading & Discharging operation)
- Day to day communication with masters on board the vessels including any urgency.
- Bunkering (planning of cost, quantity and place / assistant of purchase / purchase)
- Invoicing freight, time charter hire etc / Payment order of Opex, charter hire etc. to accounting / Settlement of Time Charter accounts
- Arranging necessary materials for voyages / Appointing agent ad ports etc
- Investigation of ports of call such as restriction, condition, congestion, schedule, etc.
- Arrangement pre-payment of port disbursement account to port agents and settlement after completion of each voyage.
- Laytime Calculation and settlement with charterers
- Recording all the facts regarding each voyage
- Checking shipping documents, such as Bill of Lading, Statement of Facts, etc. / Filling documents for recording purpose.
- Dealing with letters of indemnity for discharging cargo without presentation of original B/L.
- 1st line handler of any issues including incidents/accidents or claims related to assigned vessels.
- Reporting voyage commercial result
- Crosschecking accounting ledgers
- Assisting manager to plan / produce budgets
- Input / Analysis of data to Voyage Management Monitoring System and other systems
- Acting as first point of customer service, together with chartering attend meetings
- Support chartering team for commercial/marketing activities
- Other issues relating to vessel operation
- Monitoring of vessel performance (speed and fuel consumption), evaluation and feedback to Chartering staff.
- Feedback information of operational issue (cost/restriction etc.) to Chartering team.
This permanent position is paying a salary of £33-£36k dependent on experience plus some excellent benefits. Please drop us a line for more information on this exciting opportunity!