• You will take overall responsibility for growing and leading a database software development team responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional database services were built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud.
• You will develop the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these database services.
• You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design trade-offs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
• You will also work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy. This position within the Database Services team represents an unusual opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• A leadership position in a team delivering database kernel, virtualized storage, distributed systems or operating systems.
• 6+ years in engineering people management positions.
• 10+ years in software development.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Work experience delivering one or more version one products, ideally in a start-up setting.
By applying to this role you understand that we may collect your personal data, store and process it on our systems. For more information please see our Privacy Notice https://eu-recruit.com/about-us/privacy-notice/
Keywords: Software Development / Database / Distributed Systems / Database Services / Business Development / Database Kernel / Virtualized Storage / Operating Systems / Management