Executive Personal Assistant
Manchester City Centre
Up to £14.85 per hour
Our client is a reputable university based within Manchester, and are seeking a Executive Personal Assistant.
The role of Executive Personal Assistant will be to ease the workload of senior colleagues, undertaking administrative duties, as well as provide comprehensive operations support and secretarial service to the Faculty Head.
- Provide support to the Faculty Head. This will include:
- Proactive diary management, scheduling and organisation;
- Generate and provide daily briefings and papers;
- Ensuring that meetings are well planned, organised and structured to achieve the required outcomes; this will include administrative support;
- Handling of and prioritising correspondence, emails and telephone calls;
- Handling sensitive and confidential information
- Bringing forward urgent actions for the attention of senior staff, and ensuring adequate resolution;
- Preparing documents and presentations;
- Liaise proactively with other departments within and outside the Schools and Faculty Office to ensure that activities are aligned to annual requirements, and that supporting events and information are in place ahead of time;
- Prepare travel itineraries for staff, make supporting travel arrangements and prepare pre-conference/meeting briefings where required;
- Autonomously deliver small projects, with responsibility for delivery of outcomes;
- Provide support for visitors attending meetings, including liaison, requirements, and travel and accommodation arrangements. Also act as a primary point of contact both before and during visits
- Provide PA support where needed to the direct reports (8) of the Head of Faculty, for example making travel arrangements, diary management and committee/meeting support;
- Contribute equally to general office management,
- To set up, implement and maintain efficient administration and document storage systems
- To lead on ensuring the provision of logistical support for events. Providing advice and guidance on venue suitability to meet event requirements. Taking full ownership of developing, agreeing and delivering plans for the successful running of events including room bookings set up, invitation and registration management, planned approached to delegate and speaker information flow before, during and after the event, briefing and co-ordinating staff on their roles and responsibilities during the event.
- Lead and coordinate recruitment of staff for the faculty team, and ensure that human resources records are kept up to date (for example pertaining to recruitment, management, annual leave);
- To assist with the preparation of data for reporting on targets and KPIs. For example as part of the annual performance review, generating appropriate reporting templates to be distributed, and following up with colleagues to ensure deadlines are met.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Be proactive and highly organised. This role is fast-paced, and to successfully complete it there is a requirement to be planning several months in advance;
- Have experience of overseeing and delivering projects in a complex organisation;
- Have the ability to investigate and analyse challenges and offer solutions;
- Proven experience of leading the organisation and management of large events and meetings.
- Proven experience of servicing committees, including organising and recording meetings, supporting a chair and ensuring the completion of action items and the communication of decisions;
- Have proven experience of using systems for recruitment, procurement, travel management etc.;
- Have proven experience of providing high level effective personal support to a senior manager in a large and complex organisation;
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise competing demands
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence.
- Have excellent information technology skills including proven experience of the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Have proven experience of researching and preparing presentations as well as being able to produce documents quickly and accurately to a high standard.
- Have high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Proven experience of working independently and use own initiate and the ability to work cooperatively and flexibly in a busy office, as part of a team;
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in higher education or an education setting
To apply, please submit your most up to date CV.
Please note this vacancy is being handled by Aspire Recruitment (agy). Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.