Our client urgently requires a Specialist Customer Service Adviser who can start asap in a temporary role for approximately 6 weeks.
MAIN PURPOSE(S) OF THE JOB:
To be the first point of contact for people with enquiries about Social Care via a variety of communication channels.
You will be responsible for dealing with the enquiries received effectively, with a warm and professional manner, and for creating a positive impression by using your knowledge of services to get the best possible outcomes for our customers.
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
- Answering enquiries by phone, using a headset and laptop, email, webchat, social media and face-to-face from members of the public and partner agencies including medical professionals, the Police and the Fire and Rescue Service.
- Researching information for customers and either resolving their enquiries or directing them to a relevant and more appropriate service.
- Completion of an initial assessment including referrals for adult social care.
- Prioritise and place service users on social care allocation lists.
- Assessment for and ordering of disability aids.
- Identify and complete adult safeguarding referrals.
- Completion of Carers assessments, support plans and reviews.
- Responding to general enquiries relating to children's social care and children's safeguarding concerns via telephone and email, and responsible for checking social care databases and accurately recording relevant information on forms for internal teams including the Probation service and external partners including the Police and Ofsted.
- Ability to make independent decisions and identify when to refer complex enquiries to relevant specialists in the team, and other teams within the organisation.
- Dealing tactfully with complaints and escalating service user complaints appropriately; passing relevant feedback to managers to improve service delivery.
- Using a range of in-house database systems to search, read and enter service user details, and Microsoft Office including a knowledge of Outlook and Word.
- Recording service specific statistics for monitoring purposes.
- Ability to work as part of a team as relevant, to deliver the best outcomes for service users, and met and exceed team aims and objectives.
- Ability to support less experienced members of staff through development and training activities using a coaching style.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, supporting the management team to implement changes. Identify and change incorrect or missing information within the knowledge base.
- To develop an awareness and understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Care Act 2014.
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the line manager and which are commensurate with the grade for this job.
- To maintain confidentiality and adhere to all Oxfordshire County Council information governance policies, procedures and processes.
- Commitment to and understanding of Equal Opportunities for all in Employment and the delivery of services to customers.
- Familiarisation with policies on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and acting in accordance with the inter-agency safeguarding procedures of the Oxfordshire Safeguarding boards.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 0830-1700 but the nature of this post will require flexibility to meet urgent work needs as they arise. This will inevitably entail some work outside normal office hours from time to time.
£10.90 per hour (paid weekly).